1.16.2009

Stir-Fried Asian Beef and Noodles

I looked through my recipes on my blog and realized I seem to only cook casseroles or Italian foods. Probably because I can find recipes with milder ingredients. Well I'm going to spice things up a bit with this delicious Asian stir-fry recipe. Enjoy!
Stir-Fried Asian beef and Noodles
Serves 6

1 lb beef boneless sirloin steak, cut into 2 X 1/4-inch strips
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. corn starch
1/2 tsp. Bragg's liquid aminos
1 package (6 oz.) rice stick noodles
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. ginger
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 bag frozen broccoli, carrots and sugar snap peas (or vegetables of your choice), thawed
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3/4 cup beef broth
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup honey
3 Tbsp. Bragg's liquid aminos
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 cup leaks, sliced
sesame seeds
  • In a large bowl, toss beef, 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil, cornstarch and 1/2 tsp. Bragg's liquid aminos. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
  • In another large bowl, soak the noodles for 5 minutes in enough cold water to cover, drain
  • Heat 12-inch skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Coat skillet with 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil.
  • Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add vegetables; stir-fry until crispy and tender. Remove from skillet.
  • Add 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil to re-coat the skillet. Add beef; stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until brown. Remove from skillet.
  • Add broth, vinegar, honey, 3 Tbsp. Bragg's liquid aminos and sesame oil to skillet. Stir in noodles and heat to boiling. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently until noodles are tender. Stir in beef, vegetables, onions and sesame seeds. Cook and stir for about 1 minute.

2 comments:

  1. This was just delicious! My entire family (especially my nine-year-old son) loved it and wants me to make it again next week. I especially love the tip about the Bragg's liquid aminos -- I never used it before but will definitely replace for soy sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you all loved it! I never use soy sauce any more. The Bragg's liquid aminos is still made with soy and can bother some people with IC, but it doesn't have any of the preservatives.

    ReplyDelete