5.02.2009

Chicken Broccoli Divan

This recipe tastes like one of those home cooked meals your grandma made when you were a kid. It makes the whole kitchen smell yummy when it's in the oven. Best of all, you can just throw this together, because most of these ingredients you should have in your pantry. It doesn't use very many ingredients and prep time is about 15 minutes!

Chicken Broccoli Divan
Serves 4-6

1 lb. fresh broccoli cut into spears, cooked and drained
1 1/2 cups of cubed chicken, cooked
1 can broccoli cheese soup
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. dry bread crumbs
1 Tbsp butter, melted
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Combine chicken and broccoli in a 2-quart baking dish.
  • Mix soup and milk together and pour over chicken and broccoli and sprinkle with cheese.
  • Mix bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle on top.
  • Bake for 25 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.

3 comments:

  1. When I make this, I layer cooked rice on the bottom of a 9x13 pan, and then put the other ingredients on top. I use a can of cream of chicken and 1 c. mayo, with 1 T. lemon juice and 1/2-1 t. curry. The curry is a nice change if you can eat it. It doesn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathleen! This is a great suggestion. I'm definately going to try this next time I make this dish. Thanks for sharing.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this recipe for my family with a combination of Lauren’s recipe,and Kathleen’s suggestion to add a layer of rice to my casserole dish first. I added a layer of chicken over the rice then the broccoli cheese sauce over the chicken, then the shredded cheese atop followed by bread crumbs. I baked it for 45-50 minutes and it turned out super delicious. Also because I can’t tolerate canned cream of anything soup I made mine from scratch. I knew it would a good dish, but I was surprised at how wonderfully delicious this turned out. This is a winner winner chicken dinner for sure.

    ReplyDelete