3.09.2009

Mediterranean Vegetable Spaghetti


This pasta dish is light, healthy and full of flavor. The assortment of vegetables leaves this scrumptious meal packed full of nutrients. You can customize this plate by using your own favorite greens; the only limit is your creativity.

Mediterranean Vegetable Spaghetti
Serves 4-6


1 package of spaghetti
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced leeks
2 medium carrots (1 cup)
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 medium squash, sliced
1 cup sugar snap peas
1 tsp. chopped basil leaves
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
  • Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package
  • Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute garlic and leeks, then add carrots, leeks, zucchini, squash and sugar snap peas, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
  • Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese; cook until hot. Serve vegetable mixture over spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese.

4 comments:

  1. Yum...this does look good, Lauren. I'm gonna try this. Wouldn't have thought of using honey here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another post to tell you that I made this recipe last night, adding chicken and mushrooms...and serving on rice instead. The flavors were great!! I was surprised that the honey gave me the flavor I was craving. Thanks for sharing this! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments ladies! I'm so happy I can help. That's all you have to do sometimes is get a little creative. Feel free to share more ideas with me. I love trying new things.

    ReplyDelete