3.15.2009

Pecan-Maple Chicken

This pecan-maple chicken makes a pleasant change to the traditional chicken breast dinner. As the chicken cooks, the maple syrup seeps into the meat making every bite tender and juicy sweet. It's rich flavor of the maple and pecan sauce pares great with green vegetables. This is a great dinner option when you want to make something delicious, but you only have 20 minutes to spare.

Pecan-Maple Chicken
Serves 2

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup pecan halves
  • In a 12-inch non-stick skillet, melt butter with salt over medium heat.
  • Cook chicken in butter for 1 to 2 minutes, turning once, until brown.
  • Stir in maple syrup and pecans.
  • Cook 8 to 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren I was just sitting at my desk thinking I have to cook the chicken breat (hubbie will be home soon) and I thought let me see if lauren has any chix recipes. This is what Tom and I having for dinner tonight...I'll let you know what I think. The chix with Aparagus and cheese looks good but that would require me going to the store and it too late now but I will try it in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the chicken and it was very good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete