8.18.2008

Meatloaf

This is a great recipe even for those without IC. My boyfriend has always hated meatloaf, but I made it this way for him once and I completely changed his mind. Best of all, it tastes delicious without the tomatoes!

Meatloaf
serves 4-6

1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cups toasted wheat germ
1/2 cups unseasoned bread crumbs
3 egg whites
6 Tbsp. low fat milk
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
pepper
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
  • Mix all ingredients thoroughly and shape to fill pan.
  • Bake for one 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until loaf is done.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good recipe, I made a meatloaf by it last night for dinner that turned out delicious. I did use 50/50 ground Turkey and chicken. Instead of ground beef and I glazed it with a brown sugar and coconut seasoning aminos mixer that I reduced to the consistency of BBQ sauce. I baked it for an hour and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete