8.01.2008

Nachos

One of the loves of my life is Mexican food. So when I was told I had to stay away from "spicy" foods I was heart broken. Fortunately, I have found a delicious way to make nachos so I can still enjoy them--just without the guacamole.

Nachos
Serves 2

8 corn tortillas cut in quarters
2 cups of cooking oil
1-2 cups of grated American cheese
1 can of non-fat re-fried beans
1/8 cup of water
2 Tbsp of cumin
Salt & pepper
Chopped cilantro
  • Pour the 2 cups of cooking oil into a small frying pan and turn the heat on high. Once it is hot place 4-5 'chips' into the oil and let fry until crispy. Place on paper towel to soak up grease.
  • While the chips are cooking empty the can of re-fried beans into a small pot and cook on medium-low heat. Stir in water and cumin with beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  • Spoon beans onto chips and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle cheese onto chips and cook on 300 degrees until cheese melts (about 10 min.).
  • Take out of oven, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment