9.26.2008

Recurring Chick-Fil-A Flares

I haven't had Chick-Fil-A since I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis and twice this week I had it for lunch. I got the chicken nuggets and some of those trademark waffle potato fries. It was delicious. But, each time I had Chick-Fil-A a horrible flare hit me out of no where about 5-6 hours later. The first time I didn't think much of it since this seems to happen to me occasionally and a few weeks ago I ate something that left me feeling the wrath of IC for two weeks straight, so I thought I may just not be completely over that.

My boyfriend, who has a very sensitive stomach, said he has actually had Chick-Fil-A a couple times recently and had terrible stomach pains after a few hours. He didn't associate the two together until I got my flares.

Now, I've eaten breaded white-meat chicken at other restaurants without many problems. However, my boyfriend mentioned Chick-Fil-A fries their chicken and fries in peanut oil and prepares their food a little differently, so this might be the culprit.

Whatever it is I would seriously recommend staying far away from Chick-Fil-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment