4.17.2009

Feline Interstitial Cystitis

I get google alerts for interstitial cystitis and related news so I can make sure I am up to speed on current trends in medical treatments and news. Something I have noticed more recently is the abundance of blog posts about cat owners dealing with their pet's interstitial cystitis. I think this is really a weird subject, and its almost humorous (but poor kitty).

Anyway, I saw a recent post about Holistic Cat Care mentioning feline interstitial cystitis and while it doesn't directly pertain to us humans, I thought it was an interesting article. I did enjoy reading it and identifying the link between feline IC and human IC. Who knows, maybe researchers can use this link to learn more about the disease to find cures.

If you would like to see the post click here.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I couldn’t find the article due to the site is no longer available, but I know a friend whose cat had the same problem. She had to feed the kitty a special diet to alleviate and manage the symptoms. Your post made me think of that. So I guess both human and feline have it in common that it’s managed by by changing their diets. Thanks for sharing. AnnM

    ReplyDelete